|resources:||Home Mailing List Tips Roadmap Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
RoadmapDurnig the development of this Extension various Ideas about how I could extend this extension where gathered. Some of the ideas made version 1.0, others will wait for future releases. The following are the major new features planned.
V1.1 - Due July 2008
- Rip 'Packages' - Packages are defined under a domain (e.g. amazon.com) and include various 'page' matches (each with there own XPath queries) in a single configuration. If a URL matches more that 'Page' under a Package all XPath queries of the Matching pages will be applied. A Package will also include excluded pages which if match will mean that specific pages will not be included.
- Aardvark Support - If Aardvark is detect RIP will optionally use Aardvark selection mechanisms.
- Inspector Support - A RIP menu will be added to the DOM Inspector so that it can be used to easily detect content.
- Flash removed content - An extra option to temporarily 'flash' hidden content
- Dialog Popup for easy XPath Query Creation - The XPath Editor dialog will overhalled and will appear as a popup when selected particular advanced XPath with helper to select which atttributes are required. XPath queries.
V1.2 - Due September 2009
- Subscribe to 'Package' Rip's - By subscribing to a Rip Package the extension will check on a periodic basis (e.g. once a day) if there are any available Rip 'Packages' for the current Domain. Automatically downloading and importing them if there are some available.
- Publish a 'Package' - Registered "Rip" Publshers will be able to publish a Rip Package where it will become available to subscribers.
- Privoxy extension - Publish RIP to special edition of Privoxy which then centrally manages your RIPs